Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Monday, January 16, 2006

North American International Auto Show

Yup - I am going to the De-troit Auto Show this Saturday!!!! I am SOOOO excited! It's funny - I am not really a car buff, but I grew up in a Ford family and we went every year. My dad would walk around, looking at other cars "look at that instrument panel. I tried to do that but was told it couldn't work..." or "wow, look at how they did that! what kind of spring-load is it?" I usually just ran around looking at the cool cars, oohing and ahhing and touching.

Now that I am older, I appreciate the beauty of a car (or track, SUV, hybrid, whatever) much more. I understand now the beauty of a team of engineers working with designers working with marketing to put together this fantastic vehicle that gets me from place to place every single day.

And now that I work in marketing, I can tell you that last year Jeep had a fantastic display. And that Volkswagen had the best dressed employees, and the most responsive.

I just really love the auto show, and take such pride in coming from Detroit area, home of the automobile industry. This year should be great as well - I keep checking out the photos online. Did I mention how much I love the De-troit auto show?

-Melinda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home