Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hope.

How important is that word to my faith? "These three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." Straight from the Man himself, and hope is one of the top three.

But here is what I am finding most interesting as I get older...I used to view hope as only hope in the 'big things'. I have hope that I will spend eternity with God. I have hope that my grandpa will not die this year. I have hope her cancer will not spread.

But what about hope in the little things? I mean, I woke up today, ready to feel sorry for myself (it's true - yesterday was horrible and I wanted to pout about it today) and yet I strangely felt...hope. Hope that today would somehow, even if only slightly, be better than yesterday. Hope that simply because I am a Jesus-follower, it's OK if life throws me curveballs and it's even OK if I can't handle them all....because there is hope in simply learning to see Jesus in everything. There is even hope in, simply, hoping. Read that one again. There is hope in hoping.

So today I wish for you, my friends, hope. Hope in the big things, and hope in the small things. Hope simply for the sake of hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home