Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Monday, July 10, 2006

So after 3-4 months, I'm back. I took a blogging hiatus, I guess. Just found that sometimes I realy enjoying putting my thoughts out there for the world to see, and other times, well, I just don't! But today seemed like a good day to put one up.

Because see, only maybe 1 -2 people will read it, and that makes me feel better. Becuase I don't like complaining - I don't like to be that person. Especially when it is about a situation I have placed myself in, but here goes....I am sick of school right now. Not the whole MBA program, just this one particular summer class. It is 6:12 am and I am headed off to work after this to finish up as much homework as I can before 8am, only to kick it back off at 5:30pm, and I worked on it yesterday for pete's sake! (who is this pete we refer to, anyways?) I am just drained, and I sometimes feel invisible. As though my friends don't understand how busy this season of my life is, and that I do have to make small sacrifices sometimes. As though they don't understand how tough the classes are, or how hard it is to still at work for 8.5 hours a day and then sit through a 3.5 hour class! I don't do well sitting still, so it is a super test of my mental ability to force myself through it.

Anyways, I know I put myself in the situation. Though it's fair to say that I didn't know this class would be so much work, and that I didn't know I was reaching a burn-out point....but now that I'm here, it's a bit lonely.

But then, think about Jesus. I wonder if he ever had times where he told God "I didn't realize it was going to be this much work" or "I didn't know how much these people would just take, take, take" or "I'm exhausted, and I feel so invisible. No one but You gets what I am going through", maybe even "It's a bit lonely".

I know I am not the only one to have felt this way. We all want people to truly see us, for all that we are. To appreciate our lives, and what we're about. I know I have failed my friends in the past at appreciating who they fully are, and so through all this I am hoping to become more sensitive to these needs of others, and to be a better friend.

That's if I can make it through these next 4 weeks....
:)
-Melin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home