Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Irony

Tonight, as I sat at Mars Hill, for the first time I missed Ben. I was overcome by the cruel irony of life: that I live in this city and take this church and Rob's teaching being so easily available to me for granted, and I do not go. Meanwhile, my best friend and his wife called Mars their home, and were loyal and faithful to the church. Now, life has called him to Seattle, WA. There, there is another Mars Hill church. But it's not this one. It's not their home.

I sat in my chair, wondering how on earth I got to be in the very place Ben & Amanda would most want to be, and am still taking it for granted...
-Melinda

3 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger anne said…

    Did you get to hear DCB? I was so jealous when I heard that they were going to be there!!

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Yes, I did! I should have thought to tell you & Andy they would be there. I saw David and Heather there! In fact, David sat next to David. :) How funny!

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger anne said…

    That is pretty funny! I'm still so jealous... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home