Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Nashville.

It's so close I can taste it. In fact, a slice of Nashville is coming here on Wednesday. So that is making me even more excited!!!

And truth is, I get to meet alot of Cam's friends. People I have heard about for months: Drew, Caroline, Rory, Adria (sp?), the list goes on. These are people who have taken my friend in his new home and welcomed him with more love and grace than many can give. They have made his life so much more whole and complete. When he left us in GR, he was starting over. Breaking free from a past that included alot of hurt. And now, to hear him talk about these friends and how rich his life is because of them...well, I sleep better at night knowing my friend is taken care of.

It's amazing how much friends shape a life. I mean, without friends, our lives are pretty empty. Bad friends make our lives miserable. But a good friend...ah, a good friend is like a fine wine. The meal placed before us is still good without the wine, but with the wine, the meal is taken to a whole new level of enjoyment. And this life, well, this life God has given us in this beautiful world is such a precious gift. But the friends he has given us, the ones who challenge us, inspire us, stretch us, support us, encourage us, keep us humble, love us, carry us, sit with us in silence...these friends are the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced. Because in them, I see Jesus.

"Thank you, Lord, for our friends. Help me to give them even a portion of what they have given me. Amen."
-Melinda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home