Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Well friends, I'm gonna be honest with you here. I need to slow down. I sit here and think of all the tasks that must get done at work, at home, at school, and in my personal life...and I realize God has no way in to me right now. I mean, he can always get my attention...but the 'still, soft voice' would not be heard through all the clutter in my life. Setting aside time to be in community with God is something I've not been making a priority the last many weeks...

I just got done reading an interesting product that focuses around the different topics in the Bible that Jesus spoke about. It is just his words, speaking to me about love, grace, forgiveness, justice, pain, suffering, sorrow, responsibility, faith, trust, hope, joy, perseverance, being a good neighbor etc. And man, I realize so much of who I want to be, and how much it isn't enough to just desire to be that way - I can only become that way through practice. I must take my desires to be a woman of integrity and put those thoughts into action.

On a related note...
The following quote was in an article I read quite a while ago, but the words still speak to me. (although I should say that what spoke to me in the 1st paragraph was the idea of being healthy through having a clear perspective of myself...and not thinking about it making me the 'one everyone wants to be around'. The tone of that didn't seem to match the other tone of the article...) The second paragraph describes the kind of person I want to be. Enjoy!

"In any relationship between marital partners or friends, family members or co-workers, the person who gains a clear perspective on herself or himself is always viewed as the healthiest, the most attractive, and the one everyone wants to be around.

Why is this so? Simply because these people create an atmosphere of honesty. Because they can admit where they have deficiencies and areas that need to be developed, they make it possible for others to deal openly with their own set of issues and problems. They take all the need to compare away. They remove the frustration and threat of being in relationship with them, because they do not hold themselves up to be perfect."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home