Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

"The Lord gives us only what we can handle; I just wish he didn't think I could handle so much."--Mother Teresa

Anyone else ever feel this way? I don't feel this way today, not in my personal life anyways. But in terms of the weight and responsibility of my job, I feel it. And it is crazy to me how God knows how much we can handle, because most times I think i can't handle something...and God gives me the strength and grace to do so.

It's incredible. I love being a Jesus-follower...it is so liberating. And in many ways I don't feel like a liberated person. But the one area of my life that is freeing? My faith journey. I'll have to try and explain later...tried explaining it to my friend at work today, and I am not sure I made sense because he looked very puzzled at times. :) So I'll work on it and get back to you all.

But my new word is indeed Liberated/Liberating. It's a concept that has been so foreign to me, and now is so near.

"Jesus, I want more of you. The more of you I have, the more liberated I am. Free me. Amen."

-M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home