Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Conversations.

I love my friends so much. I met up with one of my close friends tonight in Holland for some quality girl time. Our conversations were great - we talked about church, boys, work, frustrations, celebrations...it is nights like these that God reminds me how rich I am. Riches are not found in money or houses or material goods/possessions...and so indeed, I am blessed. Not taking things for granted is something for me to work on. Help me stay accountable to that, ok, friends?

Who else had a great night? I am really tired right now, and I need to finish packing. But I wanted to share something I read today in Proverbs that really stuck out to me, and maybe will encourage you in your path as well...these are from the TNIV:

Proverbs 4:7 "The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding."

Wow, though it cost me all I have.....that's hard to swallow sometimes......

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."

My thoughts, my words, my actions, my stubborness, my laziness, etc....everything flows from what I put in my heart. From the true depths of my being. Man, I am so bad at guarding my heart sometimes! I spoke unkind words tonight about someone, and that shows a lack of integrity...I haven't been guarding my heart.

I've got some things to think about...

Good night, world.

-Melinda

2 Comments:

  • At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "guard your heart" absolutely owned me for the last two days. Appreciate the reminder.

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Anonymous - glad you stopped by! And that the verse spoke to you the past few days. Isn't it cool how God works? I don't know how my blog is even able to be used in anyone's life, but God's Word is alive and well, and this just shows it.

    Asa-it is such a fond memory! Maybe I'll see you again one day, on a trip to or from Nashville, to visit Cam! We should make it a party and all go together....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home