Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Laying Down Isaac.

Ge 22:1 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied.
Ge 22:2 Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.”

How many of us have been to our own Moriah? Been asked to give something that we love, asked to give it up in the name of God?

I got an email today from a friend in the UK, a person who is very close to the family of a man who was beloved by many. Rob lacey, an author and a friend. He died not too long ago from cancer, and it really shook me up. He brought so much to those he knew - he was truly an example of what heaven on earth looks like. I loved him so much.

His wife and 2 young children are left here to try and move on to life without Rob. It is so unfair it hurts. But life isn't fair, and Sandra, Lukas and Grace were called to give Rob up for the glory of God's kingdom. He needed to go home. He is no longer in pain.

I can't imagine being asked to give that up.

I am not Sandra. I am me. What is God going to ask me to give up that I haven't already? I already gave up my Mom...I want to start searching for my birth dad, but am afraid he might be gone too.

Bring it. In God's strength I can handle it.

Have a great weekend. The one person who reads this will be with me up north, so I am guessing it will be a quiet blog weekend. :)

-Melinda

2 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thankyou for your thoughtful comments.
    This is a anonymous response from someone who found your blog in relation to Rob Lacey.
    I like to think of the Lacey family as being surrounded by a big community of christians - that their christian family are upholding them in their prayers and that they are surrounded with love.
    I hope you don't mind me leaving a comment about soemthing you said....well, i just hope that God shows you that He is a faithful God. Holding on to Jesus is the best way....He loves you and He won't ever let you down.

    God bless you,

    Anon

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Anon,

    I am so touched that you posted. As you can tell, most of my friends are ghost readers, they read but don't post. :)

    God is indeed faithful, and I saw that through Rob's life. I was lucky enough to meet him because I work for his publisher and I worked on the word on the street. He was such an amazing person, and I wish I lived closer to Sandra + kids to help them out now and in the coming years.

    Rob's family is surrounded by a community of Christians all around the world. He touched many lives, and many are praying for the fam. I made a promise to God that I won't forget Rob, what he did for so many of us, and I will do everything in my power to help out the Lacey family where I can.

    Thanks again for the kind words, and God bless.

    -Melinda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home