Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Tell me baby, what's your story. Where you come from and where you wanna go this time.

Stadium Arcadium - amazing. That's all I am going to say about the latest RHCP album - I cannot get enough! Anyways, one of my favorite songs, Tell me Baby, got me thinking about how non-Christian music can actually be quite a spiritual experience for me & many others. For instance, a couple of the lines in this song hit on every person's desire to know and be known. I want to tell the world my story, I want the world to care about that story. God is crafting together the story of His world, and I am a part of it. A very, very, VERY small part, but a part none the less. I want to do all I can to help redeem this world before my time here is over.

And it got me thinking about love. And BTW, love does tend to be the one topic I think about and dialogue about most. What does it truly mean to love? At the heart of it, it can mean knowing someone at their very core and still accepting them and not trying to control them or change them. So many women I know struggle with that - wanting to change or control their guy, or their children, or their boss etc. What is it that drives us to that? It certainly isn't love. Or is it a skewed view of love? I think back to what I learned love looked like while being raised in the church, and it looked alot like not making mistakes, always volunteering to be part of every activity, always smiling (God forbid you ever had a bad day and felt frustrated or sad or slighted). Love was conditional. And I am here to tell you, friends, that I don't care if my entire life is spent alone (aka not married), I am going to work every day on loving people, including myself, for who they are, not what they do.

So that's it for now. Back to the homework, and to my, you guessed it, fast food. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home