Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Monday, July 31, 2006

So, I think I know part of why I have been so inspired to blog. I simply am working so much on this copmuter on my homework that I need a break to think about things in my life, not just crank through the homework. Plus, all this work for this class is built around deep analysis and discussion, and so my brain is getting a full workout around the idea of critical thinking, so I am thinking critically about many things in my life. Not just the global competitiveness I am learning this semester... :)

So anyways, I am going to change things up tonight with posting a prayer on here. I have prayed a prayer like this many times before, but I believe that no prayer is wasted or too small for God to listen.

Oh God,

Help me change my ways. Help me see the injustice and the part I play.
Please give me the courage and insight to remedy it, to redeem this world in any measure I can.

Help me remember we are created equal - not one better than I, and not I better than one.

I need you, Lord, to guide my every step. To protect me from snares. To love me when I fail. To help me rise when I fall. And to trust in you for my life supply.

Patience is something I need, Lord. Right now, and every day forth. Help me remember that your time is the right time. When goals and ideals change, help me to accept them with grace and dignity.

And most importantly, help me to love. Even when it means getting hurt. Even when it makes no sense to reach out to that person. When it is draining of time, energy, and financial resources. And help me to love most especially when I don't feel like it.

I want to be more like you, and I cannot be more like you unless I am willing to trade my life and my desires and my ambitions for the things of your heart, your desires, and your ambitions for my life.

Amen, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home