Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

My heart is so full, it might burst.

I feel a little bit refreshed, I took the day to do some things that just needed to get done. Things that were avoided for too long...paying the bills, picking up my room, a load of laundry, finishing a John Grisham novel, sleeping in til 10... It was heavenly.

And now tomorrow I get to have friends over and prepare an amazing lunch for them. I am so excited! Yes it means getting up butt early, but I like that. Discipline is a good thing. And for the joy of inviting people into this house I have turned into a warm, welcoming home...priceless.

Before I read my new Today's Devotional Bible and then turn in for 6 hours of rest, I wanted to post some Jann Arden lyrics that I have always loved. This song reminds me that I have so much, even when I feel like I have little. Content - a great place to be. I believe that being in a state of happiness actually happens every moment that I am content. Happiness doesn't need to be over-the-top elation, but rather the calm, simple feeling that we are content with what we have, where we're at, and where God is leading us.

"I've got money in my pocket, I like the color of my hair.I've got a friend who loves me, Got a house, I've got a car. I've got a good mother, and her voice is what keeps me here. Feet on ground, Heart in hand, Facing forward, Be yourself. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home