Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Retreat.

That is what I need, and what I am doing. Before I head to Nashville (recently named "land of the Devil") :0) this next weekend and hopefully refresh my spirit with old friends, I am going into a land of retreat.

So, my friends, I apologize. I know many of you have not heard from me in weeks. And by God's grace, you are still my friends. The practice of living has taken over life itself. It is sad, I know.

And as I head into one of the biggest challenges life has ever thrown at me, trying to prepare for a leaving, an arrival, a step up, a blow that knocks me down, and God supporting me in the midst of it all....I am turning inside. Unfortunately, I will not be available to you all for the next couple of weeks. I need to figure some things out.

See, I am bad at asking for help. It's one of my character flaws I guess...and so while I desperately need your help right now, something keeps me from asking for it. Pride? Fear? Distrust?

Please forgive me my shortcomings.

Have a blessed week next week, and remember to keep your eyes open to that life doesn't pass you by.

-Melinda

2 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger anne said…

    So what is the new journey? You're going to Nashville to do what? Sorry if I just missed it.

    Sometimes a retreat is just what you need. Be sure to use every moment wisely so that you can look back and know you are refreshed from something good. :)

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Nice pic, Anne!

    Nashville is just to visit some old friends. It's my favorite city, though some friends of mine don't understand that.

    The new journey....ah, I like being cryptic about stuff like this. Basically, God is immensely preparing me for a new journey, or I guess, the next stage in this journey. But I don't know what it looks like. But it has begun, and it isn't easy.

    Thank goodness for Jeff, for sentences that hit home like "God does his best work in the wilderness." Hopefully I can respond in trust and God can work.

    I will certainly use the retreat to its entirety!!
    Thanks, Anne. I appreciate you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home