Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

So, I come back from my 'retreat' to:
Getting my house ready for my friend Sara to come visit
Bills due
Friends here I have neglected for too long
A church I miss more than words can describe
Expense reports due at work
Sales Conference next week
Homework due tomorrow night and a quiz on Thursday night
And yet…my thoughts will consume me if I don’t get them down on paper.
So, with that in mind, join me on the journey from this past week.

Lessons Learned on the Road
People are incredible. They have a resilience that is unfathomable. We’re made in the image of our God, and he has unfathomable resilience as well. Proof: He still loves us.

Speeding tickets can happen anytime, anywhere.

Love is alive in my heart.

Friends need freedom to grow and spread their wings.

I love who I am. And I believe I am worthy of love. I can’t wait for someone to see that as well, and to pursue that.

Pain can be turned into beauty by God.

It doesn’t matter if not everyone likes you. What does matter is that you are true to yourself, no matter what happens.

You’ve got to follow you’re heart, at all costs.

Love is scary. It’s a choice, and the other person can choose no. But, we move on, we press on, and we are healed. Healing is beautiful.

Raw honesty can scare people, but those who accept it and share it too, are too few & far between on this planet. I want to be that kind of person.

I want to live purposefully every day. I want to pursue fierce loyalty, a listening ear, an open heart, the presence of God. Because that is the kind of person I want to be.

Sometimes, you’ve got to do what you need to do, no matter if it doesn’t make sense to those around you.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger jlyn said…

    i look forward to spending some good time catching up and looking forward

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Me too! Schedule it girl, and we'll hang out! Next week sounds great...see ya later.

    (Maybe we should grab us some Wing Heaven...) :)

     
  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger anne said…

    Lots of good lessons! :) Thanks for sharing them.

    And speeding tickets are never good. I used to get them all the time...and then avoided driving in certain states! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home