Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Splash.

She sits at the computer, her short brown hair secured in a small knot at the nape of her neck. Her glasses repeatedly slide down her nose, as if the tears create a clear path for those glasses to descend. The head tells her one thing, the heart, another.

Splash.

Another tear falls onto the keyboard as she types. Her small, individualistic world took a hit today. Three and a half years ago, God brought her a very special gift. A friend whom God would use to restore her faith in people, a friend who would stand by her side when tough times hit, a friend who would navigate the waters of life and faith with her.

The screen gets blurry through the tears…

But today, today her friend announced his leaving. God has called him and his wife to a new place, a new promise, a new calling.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enter reality. The girl typing? Me. The person leaving? My best friend B.

Over the past few years, God has brought people into my life to teach me new things about who he is and who he isn’t. People who he has used to show me how to trust, how to love, how to forgive, how to believe in myself, how to move past fear, and how to trust God for my future.

And now one of the people who God has used most in my life, is leaving. And I know it’s for the best, and I know it’s a part of God moving me toward the next part of my journey, but it’s still sad.

Amazingly enough, I sit here with tears and a little bit of sadness, but I also have more peace and calm in my soul than I have had all year. God works in incredible ways.

“Thank you Lord for giving me the time with B that I’ve had, and thank you for using him as such an instrumental part of my life. I thank you for such a gift, and I ask you to help me in the next few weeks to give me the strength I need to get through. Please continue giving me the peace I need, and help me be the kind of friend B is to me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home