Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Things I Learned at Church (11/05/06)

God is found wherever you seek him.

You don’t have to agree with the pastor or love the worship music to have a heart-changing experience with God.

I really (really really really) like music. :0)

When someone sings to God, their voice is beautiful, no matter what.

I don’t agree with pastors preaching politics.

Ada Bible is awesome. I don’t think I will ever find another church that I love so much. But that begs the question; do I love the church for the right reasons? Has it become an idol? But I digress…

I am glad I am evaluating my beliefs in areas like salvation, evangelism, social justice, end times etc. But church reminded me this week when all is said and done, I shouldn’t get too caught up in the technical details…

Experiencing how others worship Jesus is a powerful thing.

Everywhere in Nashville is someone just waiting to be discovered as the next big thing…

It’s amazing: someone can attend a strong complementarian church and end up egalitarian. And vice versa. And many people don’t even know what they believe, let alone why. It’s amazing.

The utmost respect goes to pastors – they have an extremely challenging job.

I love Jesus. More than life, more than friends, more than work, more than security, more than happiness, more than sunshine, more than laughter, more than joy, more than love itself; I love Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home