Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Friday, January 26, 2007

A friend once told me "resting is the greatest act that we can do as christians. we rest in God and He does the work. it is the result of faith in the moment..."

Well, at a conference I was at this week, one of the biggest takeaways I had on a personal level was this idea of 'Sabbath''. Yes, it should be simple. As a Christian, I should understand what it means to take a Sabbath, but I have never really taken one.

I am taking one tomorrow morning. For the fist time in years, or perhaps really ever... I am going to Schuler's, getting some chai tea, and working through this list of questions:
1) What is it that gives me rest?

2) What is it that brings my soul peace?

3) What, for me, is life-giving?


Once I figure that out, then I move on to:

1) How do I incorporate this sabbath/rest into my life?

2) How do I sort my fragemented community out into more of a unified, cohesive movement?

3) How often/for how long do I need to take this sabbath?

For many, I am sure that this does not sound to you like a Sabbath. But for me, to be able to get away on my own, spend time wrestling with these big questions...it is truly something my soul needs and finds joy in.

So, to everyone, i encourage you to rest in God this weekend. Rest in him and let him put you back together...
-M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home