Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Almost There!

It's almost my birthday! Which is funny because usually I make it a big deal, because I'm kind of a big deal...(Ron Burgundy anyone!?) But this year, it's really not a big thing. It's going to be such a low-key day, and that's actually OK with me. I'm realizing that maybe I don't need all the attention like I thought I did.

It's been a cool day today because so many friends at work got me presents, and some friends at Z took me out for lunch. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. I love my fellow 20somethings at Z who can get off-site and really just be themselves and not worry about appearances. Being comfortable in your own skin is so important to me.

It's been a cool week overall because God has been giving me blessing after blessing and encouragement after encouragement. People have been telling me the changes they've seen in me, and how open I am to God's blessings now instead of rejecting them. They've told me they're proud of me. They've bought me ice cream and shared the deepest parts of their walk with God. They've bared their soul.

And so tomorrow, my only hope is that I get another day to see Jesus revealed to me. Another day to lay down my life for someone else. Another chance to restore things and bring happiness to others. Oh, well that, and I do hope to hear from a couple of good friends of mine! I've missed my girls lately, and hope they call soon!!

Happy Friday night,
Melin

1 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

    I send you virtual birthday hugs! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home