Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Finding Strength

Today, I missed my friend. My friend moved away 6 months ago to work for an awesome humanitarian non-profit organization, and I thought it was going to be really hard without him around.

On Thursday’s we would leave work to grab Burger King (or Subway when trying to be healthy!) and chat about life, God, solving the world’s problems, and he would kindly listen through my most recent boy issue (and likely thank God every second that he was married and didn’t have to deal with this stuff anymore!)

I drove in to work at noon today (worked from home in the morning), and passed by the BK. The BK where one time, I drove out and all I had to do was simply go through the light to get back to Z. But no, my brain shut off, and I totally turned right to make a Michigan turn back on to the same road I had been on. I am such an airhead sometimes!!! I think he laughed pretty hard at that one!

And for a minute, I missed my friend and the times we had together. I missed the laughter, the mocking, the teasing, the deep conversations, the challenges, the safety and trust I felt. And I thought back and realized how much God has been sustaining me.

Lately I’ve taken to praying the Lord’s Prayer very often. All I really want for each day is the daily bread I need. And you know what? In the midst of a challenging week, God has given me everything I need to be strong. The strength I’ve had this week can only come from him. I must continue to choose to rest in him, and let him be my strength. It’s been an amazing time in my life these past 6 months. God has completed works in me, and begun other ones.

And each day he has given me my daily bread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home