Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

What You Gave (A Tribute)

You cared more about building others up than about getting the attention.
It was more important that you help others reach their potential than that you reached yours. Actually, you saw that helping others reach their potential was you reaching yours, too.
You pushed us all, asked the tough questions, wasn't afraid to dig in with the team and put in the hours with us.

You saw something in a 22-year-old girl who was searching for who she was. She found herself, and it all began with a prodding from you. I owe you much for who I am today. Thanks for the opportunity to work for you, I will never forget it.

--------------------
This tribute was written as a thank you, but also as a reminder for me to think of the leadership and personality traits I respect, and want to emulate. let us never forget.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Knowing (or at least having a decent guess) who this was written for, I'll say ditto to everything... except the part about being a 22 year-old girl..

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    yes, you know who I am referring to, and I am glad to know you don't resonate with the part about being a 22-year old girl...
    :)

    It's funny, but at 26, I don't even recognize that 22-year-old girl anymore, thanks to people who pushed me. Like you, and the person this tribute is for.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home