Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Monday, March 19, 2007

So cool.

Life is so stinkin' cool. Which means that God is so cool because he designed this world, our lives, the rhythm and flow of this place.

Anyways, I arrive at work today to find that one of my friends who recently moved far away is now part of an online community to tell the truth about the TNIV Bible. And it's great to see people rallying together to help spread the word about what is truth about the TNIV, but even more touching is that personally, it feels good to have people who 'get it', and who are part of the bigger mission. (see the link to the right for TNIV Truth).

I am lucky to work on the TNIV as my job, but it is certainly also a personal mission. I want to follow after Jesus as though He is all that matters in this life. But sometimes it's hard to do when God's Word doesn't make sense. When archaic language gets in the way. When I read the Bible and don't see 'myself' in the text. But, the TNIV changed all that for me. God's Word is alive again, and I find myself digging in and wanting to soak it all up, wanting it to fill me. I haven't ever had that with any other Bible I've read.

So, I just think it's great how things come full circle. How my friend still gets to be involved with one of his big passions. How people around the globe are coming together to promote truth.

And how it's 8am Monday morning and unlike most of the general population, I am truly excited and glad to be sitting here at this desk.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    :) Andy just now THIS MINUTE finished Simply Christian. He stole it so that I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

    I like your post today. Makes me want to pick up my TNIV and give it a more thorough reading. Course, I don't know off the top of my head which one that is right now...I have too many Bibles, maybe. :) Is that a thing you can have too many of? Probably not.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    yeah, i think there are worse things you could have too many copies of. Worse things to collect. :)

    I do encourage you to pick up your TNIV and go through it more. Espeically read the passage Jeff talked about last week (April 29 - Philippians) and compare it NIV and TNIV. I think you'll see what I mean. It just makes more sense, is clearer, and for me, comes to life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home