Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Life is hard. It's so true, isn't it? It seems like one area or another is always out of sync. Tough decisions to make, loved ones to let go of, new ones waiting to be discovered, things to forgive, things to let go of and move on, things to accept, things to apologize for, people to meet, people to care for, details to get handled, phone calls to return, the list goes on...

I decided to give up stress for Lent. Is that even a valid choice? I mean this though - some stress is healthy, but certain levels are bad. And when we let circumstances affect our attitudes and our outlooks and our work ethic....that is when stress is bad and gets in the way.

So, I'm letting go.

I'm still making the tough decisions, having the financial curve balls thrown my way, and working through some emotional boundaries...but I'm choosing to not let it affect my attitude or my outlook on life.

Christe eleison.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Very interesting choice!!

    Unfortunately, you just alerted me to the fact that we completely missed Ash Wednesday and I was really looking forward to participating this year for the first time. And I don't know what to give up. I really don't.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger ampc said…

    "so let go, o let go." :)

    -frou frou

     

Post a Comment

<< Home