Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Today's Thoughts

"He knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside." Job 23:10-11

Well, I get into work today and my TNIV verse of the day is the one above. How timely!

First, I certainly am not claiming any sort of life situations near to what Job experienced! But I am saying I find this verse so encouraging, no matter what the situation. Sometimes, life can get hard. We go through big trials (financially, spiritually, physically, or emotionally). It can seem that there is no end in sight. But don't forget, that in the midst of Job's darkest hours, he still believed in God's goodness, and in how God knew Job's heart and that he would come out the other side, refined by the fires. If you're currently going through a trial, count in all joy, my friends, because you have a great opportunity to grow closer to the heart of God. And you will be refined by the fire.

Sometimes, though, it's the little things. It's the little fight with the roommate, friend, spouse or colleague that leaves us annoyed or resentful. Or it's the small bumps in the road: a mid-term here, a presentation there, a night of tossing and turning and very little sleep. It's the hiccup in the bank account, the house not selling, the questioning of a job change decision. (My poor friend is dealing all three of those things all at once!) And we have a choice in how we respond to the little things. We can let them annoy us, change our attitude, how we treat others....or we can again, choose to believe that God knows our heart and he wants to refine us in all things. And that if we're diligent in the small things, we have a better chance of being diligent in the big things. How can I expect to have a good attitude and be joyful in big trials if I am not that way in the small ones?

So, I encourage you today, to look at trials of any sort as opportunities to grow closer to the heart of God.

Don't give up. He is with you. He sees your heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home