Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Once in a While

“But now a time has come when it is possible to look back on those years of turmoil and to describe, with more objectivity than was possible before, the place to which all of that struggle has brought me. I am still not free enough to let myself be held completely in the safe embrace of the Father. In many ways I am still moving toward the center. I am still like the prodigal: traveling, preparing speeches, anticipating how it will be when I finally reach my Father’s house. But I am, indeed, on my way home. I have left the distant country and come to feel the nearness of love. And so, I am ready now to share my story. There is some hope, some light, some consolation to be found in it.”
-Henri Nouwen

Once in a while, I find words that bring immense comfort and joy, either because they put into words something my heart has longed to express or because I feel understood, because someone else has gone through the same thing I have.

This quote from Nouwen's book (The Return of the Prodigal Son) is one of the latter half: it's a statement in which I find myself, and in which I recognize a kindred soul.

May the journey continue...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home