Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Friday, November 17, 2006

"I call it preparing, but God calls it running."

A friend of mine shared that with me this week, and I have to admit, it struck me quite fiercely. How many times do I make plans, because I am afraid to 'just do it' (as Nike says)...and so in reality, what I am doing is running from God's direction?

It is so easy to run when we are scared. It's easy to hide when we know we've made a mistake. But sometimes our pride gets in the way and then it isn't so easy to ask God for help.

As much as we run from God, he is always there waiting to take us back. He doesn't force us to come back, because that is control, not love. He knows we need to be humbled and we need to turn ourselves and come back to him. But still, it blows my mind.

Last night, I thought some unkind thoughts toward someone. And later I realized that I would have a hard time forgiving someone if they had those thoughts about me. And I wondered if God looks at this world he created and shakes his head, thinking "But it was supposed to be so different..." But even if he does, even though he sees how things were meant to be, he still loves us and forgives us. He waits patiently for our return, and sees us beyond the sin we carry.

If that doesn't give us reason to rejoice, I don't know what does.

Psalm 145
A psalm of praise. Of David.

1 I will exalt you, my God the King;
I will praise your name for ever and ever.

2 Every day I will praise you
and extol your name for ever and ever.

3 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home