Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Monday, November 20, 2006

My Life is Unwritten.

Ever have one of those days when you wake up and the world around you doesn’t seem new, fresh, or full of a million possibilities? All of us have those moments, where we wonder “what else is there?” and “there’s got to be more”. But too often, we let ourselves get in our own way.

If I am honest, sometimes life scares me. I get worried I will never do anything to make my life count, that I will never make a difference. I wonder if I am destined to be extraordinary, like the people we read about in the Bible. I get scared that I will crack under the pressure of what God calls me to do, of the gifts and talents he has given me that I know I need to use for his glory. Does anyone else ever feel like that?

But then I am reminded that every day brings a new opportunity. A new opportunity to grow into the image of Christ, a new opportunity to learn to be humble, a new chance to change the direction of your journey: the day before you is unwritten. And I know that God is here with me as I take this next step of the journey, but if I wake up and have a spirit of fear, I don’t have to be content with that. I can change it, and I can mark out the path for my day to not be determined by that fear, or sadness, or longing, or anxiety. Sometimes, I truly do believe we need to feel the fear, sadness, longing, anxiety…these are all traits God created in us. But we are to feel them in righteous ways: righteous anger at the injustice we see and we cause; sadness for the way the world is broken when it could have been so great; longing to be with our Maker, our Creator; anxiety…hmmm...I don’t actually see a place for this one. Anyone got any ideas?

I leave you all with my prayer from today, may you find some comfort knowing that others feels this way sometimes, and that God hears our prayers.

"God, you know I am scared, and I want to run right now. I want to get away from people, this place, my responsibilities, but most of all my thoughts. I could think myself dizzy, we both know that! I need to hear you, not me. Your voice, oh God, please let it in to the quiet place. Help me to create the quiet place so i can hear your voice. Give me the direction I need. As I see others around me realizing their dreams, it is hard not to be jealous. Yet, what is my dream? Besides serving you? I fear not having a direction, because then where do I go to? You are teaching me, even now, to trust you. To lean on you daily for direction, not to plan it all out. 'See what happens. Trust me.' These things you ask of me...can I do it? I will try.

I love you, Lord. Please continue to break through my walls, and my fear. Amen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home