Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Restore me. (A prayer).

Lord, I need you. This heart; it is nothing without you. I am waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Enter in. Take this life, Lord. I want to be wholly yours. Help me to give to others even when I am tired, to serve you when I don't feel like it, to love those I meet, and to see you in unlikely places and people.

I love you, Lord. Though my spirit feels wane, and my body is tired, and my heart is even now faltering...I know you walk beside me. You give me treasures unheard of: a beautiful house to make a home and welcome people to, friends who love me, a family who will not leave, wonderful half-sisters I didn't know for 23 years, a birth mom who gave up her 'life' for me, a prayer support network few can dream of...nothing can take those away.

And yet, I feel restless. I look around me, and I see people with direction. People who have a clear future and a clear path to walk. And I admit, I am envious. I want to know where you want me so I can do your work!

Yet, there; there you are. You come and remind me that daily, by choosing you, I am right where you want me. You are revealing yourself even now, and you will lead me in the paths you want me to travel. Give me peace each day as I look to you for guidance.

Ah, there is it. Rest.

Restore me, Lord.

Restore me.

Restore me.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home