Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Life Post-MBA

So. It's now been officially 6 months since I finished grad school. And let me tell you, it's such an amazing feeling! I've seen how I've remembered and applied much of what I learned, but also how I feel such freedom and peace being done.

I looked back at a blog post from when I was nearing the end. It was a list of things I was and was not going to do. How am I doing with them? Status report is below:
What I'm going to do:
1) Sleep - I can say I get an A in that department!
2) Eat healthier - I'm definitely eating much healthier!
3) Exercise more - half and half. I'm still exercising, I wouldn't say more though...
4) Be a mentor for a Calvin student this fall - definitely, and it has been a great experience!
5) Volunteer with local missions and organizations - I've volunteered alot with my church and am now volunteering with Heart Support, but I feel there is so much more I can do.
6) Hang out with my friends!!!!!!!!! - An A+ on this one! :)
7) Read more books - yes! and it's been so great...
8) Go to 'quiet places' to seek God more fully - hmmm. half and half. Still do it, but not more. I need to work on this one.

Things I am not going to do:
1) Find something else to consume every ounce of energy and every minute of the day that leaves me feeling tired and selfish - accomplished.
2) Spend my new free time working more (this one will be hard for me, but I will not give in to it!) - accomplished as well.
3) Sit around and do nothing - I've done some of this. And it's been amazing. :) Thanks Anne for reminding me that it's not always a bad thing to just sit and relax!!

The biggest miracle of all? That I haven't had the identity struggles like I thought I would. Not having something to 'accomplish' has actually set well with me. I've had my days of missing it, but overall, I feel much more alive, vibrant, more Melinda than I ever have.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It's amazing to me how when I have taken the time to rest, the things I still continue to accomplish carry so much more worth to me!

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Krista D. said…

    Hey, Melinda! I found your blog through Marko's! You don't seem to post much anymore...

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    Krista - You're right. And I need to work on that. Beginning next week, I will!

    Glad you found me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home