Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Melinda the Mentor

I love this year - I'm so excited to be able to give back! I'm volunteering my time as a mentor for a Calvin student this semester, and I'm also a high school youth group leader.

This morning at 6:30am :) was my first meeting with Sarah, my mentee from Calvin. She is awesome! She grew up most of her formative years in Brasil, so we connected early on with that. Also she has a younger sister who is adopted so that was a cool connection as well. She has some big dreams and big plans, and I'm excited to see what God has in store for her.

So, to a year full of new challenges and new opportunities, there is nothing better in life than giving back what you have been given.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home