Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Monday, August 13, 2007

The Wedding

Saturday, August 11 2007 my brother tied the knot. It was a beautiful day, not too hot, and everyone was in great spirits. Things went smoothly and it was a blast. It was semi-surreal, not to see them get married to each other (they've dated so long) but just to know my brother is now a husband. He is no longer responsible for only himself, but now for a wife as well. Weird.

I also added one picture from the day where a bunch of us were standing around. I have no idea what I'm looking at or what the expression on my face is. All I know is looking at that picture, it doesn't look like me. It's clear to me now what that picture represents, what the woman in the picture is: who people perceive her to be, what she looks like etc. But I see a woman, not a young, immature girl. Somehow over the past 4 years I've grown up. In this picture, I almost look frail. And it's weird to see the person I've becoming through the eye of the lens. It's weird to get a glimpse at who I'm becoming, and I wonder where I'll be in another four years...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    SO beautiful!! I so wanted to crash this wedding by the way... :)

    She looks amazing. And you look amazing. But I wouldn't say frail. I think you look very secure and stable. Womanly, yes, but not frail. You look strong to me.

    :) I want to see more pictures!

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Melinda said…

    haha it would have been fun if you'd crashed!! :)

    Thanks for telling me what you see in the picture. I suppose I see it differently because I know the thoughts swirling around, and those thoughts make me feel frail. But if you see strength, I'll take it. :)

    I'll send you more pics as they come in! I've only a few, am waiting for more...

     
  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger Ian Matthews said…

    Hey Melinda - I think (if I can say this in a non-wierd, non-creepy way) you look great in that photo. Feel good about yourself!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home