Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Figuring Things Out

Lately I've been really amazed at how much I think I know myself, but then discover these little things I don't know about myself. For instance, my new roommate had the book "5 Love Languages for Singles." OK, before you mock me for reading it, I want to say i am quite secure in the fact that I read this.

Scary thing - I didn't know my love language. I know what I like to do to show people I care about them, but am not sure what I need in order to feel cared about.

I also don't know what activities do or do not give me rest, or sabbath.

I'm not sure what scares me most in this life: living comfortably or living with risk?

Would I rather be married or single? Have a few close, true friends or a lot of acquaintances? Am I part of the new evangelical movement, or am I a conservative living in emergent-esque clothing?

I'm on a quest to rediscover what makes Melinda, Melinda. Join me if you want, and if you are doing the same thing for yourself, share the journey - I'd love to know your thoughts and discoveries.

Finally, out of work for the day! I'm heading off to a wonderful weekend of relaxation!
-M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home