Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Me & HP

OK, so don't worry there will be no Harry Potter spoilers in this post! I'm not quite done with the book myself, and don't want it ruined for me nor would I want to ruin it for anyone else. :0)

However, I do have some observations I must make about the character in general. Last night as I read another large chunk of the final installation of HP, I found myself letting a couple tears slip out here and there. Everything the poor guy has gone through to save the wizarding race, actually all races, from evil. He has lost many near and dear to him, and his journey has not always been easy.

There was a part in the book where he is asking alot of the big questions: why is the path turning out like this? Why wasn't I trusted? Why wasn't I told? These are questions we can all resonate with as well, and as weird as it sounds, i was proud of him for asking these questions.

The biggest thing that struck me though was how he realized that maybe his journey had to be this way. Maybe he couldn't be told - perhaps he had to figure things out on his own. And I put the book down and smiled to myself, knowing that God knew exactly why. Because it's the same for me: it might have taken me longer to 'get' to certain places, but I wouldn't trade that journey for anything. It's worth all the questions and doubts and fears - because my walk with God is so much richer than if everything came easily and I was told everything.

I'm so glad God lets us work it out for ourselves, with his help, at our own pace.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You haven't finished it yet?! Geez, I was done Saturday night! ;)

    I totally hear you on the parallels though. There were an awful lot of times where we could so easily relate. Except for the actual magic part. Man, if I just had a wand...

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Melinda said…

    haha no, I'm not. I was out of town and just got it late Sunday, and have been reading for an hour here and there, whenever I can! I'm so close though!!!!!

    Yeah, a wand would be nice...ah, the possibilities! :0)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home