Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Missed Opportunities

Wow, so church yesterday rocked the house. Jeff did an amazing job walking us through something that I know I needed to feel convicted of. He began by opening the story in Mark by asking about missed opportunities, what have we had happen in our life where we showed up just in time to miss out?

It made me miss my mom. I found her, but showed up for it a few months too late.

Anyways, then it moved on into how we need to have an awareness for our sins - we all very easily can look at ourselves and justify or compare our sins away. "I only spoke in anger because so-and-so made me angry. He/She said something first, I was just responding. It's only fair." Or "Well, I may have thought mean thoughts about her, but I didn't say them. At least I'm not going around talking about her to everyone else like so-and-so is. I'm not really that bad..."

And so I walked away from this sermon (I won't go into it all here, i wouldn't do it justice) realizing that I need to 1) have an appropriate level of recognition for my sins. I sin everyday, and it's easy to overlook that. And i need to 2) ask forgiveness and have an appropriate level of grace where I can believe I'm forgiven. I need to recognize what a gift it is that Jesus has the authority to forgive sins.

Anyways, it's done a lot to mess with my mind, and definitely in a good way. I hope this week finds you well, and that you can see God's forgiveness and grace in your life.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I still need to listen to it online...I only get to church about once a month now. Hoping that after baby I'll actually get in more often!

    By the way, you were fabulous on Saturday!! :)

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Len said…

    i'm now lurking on your blog. muhahahaha. ;-) Hope all is well with you.

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Greg said…

    I am waiting for the podcast as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home