Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

growing, growing, grown

Self-awareness. Something I seek every day - I tend to have a mind that races one hundred million miles per hour. And I'm constantly evaluating situations and relationships and simply looking for areas to grow in. A few months ago while I was praying I told God that I felt life was getting too comfortable, and I asked him to shake things up. To really put me in situations where I would grow. Boy, I had no idea what was coming!

I'm grateful. Really, I am. There have been moments I've wondered if I can really do this, if I can really live pushing myself to overcome past fears and resentments, and find myself on the other side. You know how snakes shed their skin? I feel like that sometimes - like I'm shedding these layers and who I'm coming out as on the other side is so much freer and confident. But it's the shedding of the layers that is so hard. They don't want to go; they want to stay. They're itchy and they scratch, but they're comfortable and what I've always known.

I'm going to keep moving forward. To me, forward motion is a big part of my faith and I can't stop here. I can never stop. I only hope that doesn't mean my biggest fear will come true...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Greg said…

    It is simultaneously exhilarating and terrifying sometimes to ask God to really make some changes. I find myself asking for a preview of the changes and veto authority even though He proves he is smarter than I so often.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home