Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Too Short

Life is much too short. This week I saw two bad car accidents which so far have claimed no lives, though two passengers are in critical condition. I pray they hang on and keep their lives.

But either way, those lives are changed forever. Some people will be scared to drive in the bad weather, others will have visible scars, still others will have internal scars. Trust might be broken. Fear might take hold. Lives changed in the blink of an eye.

I’m not gonna lie, I’m still feeling the effects and I wasn’t even in the accident. I wasn’t scared until I drove to work today, one day later. It was icy out, my car was sliding, cars around me were zooming by and while I trusted myself and my driving, I was scared of them. Scared of my life being taken away.

When I was in high school, I went through some depression. A couple of times I begged God to take me home, to end things here and take me to him, to the place where there is no more pain or sadness or tears. But seeing those accidents, I realized how fast life can end and how much I don’t want to go until it’s my time. I don’t want God to take me home yet. I’m not ready to go.

What do you want to do on this earth before you leave? Help someone heal? Lead an organization to greatness? Conquer your own fears? Learn to take risks? Learn to love those who have wronged you? Help someone find their own way? Start a family?

Life is short. Don’t put these things off – do them. Do them greatly.

“We are the people we’ve been waiting for.”

1 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger anne said…

    You know what else that kind of thing makes me think of? The fact that we don't have life insurance or a will yet. As horrible and terrifying as it would be for one of us to be lost, it would be worse if the person left behind couldn't take care of themselves or we didn't have someone selected to take care of the baby. Yikes.

    Good reminder to get those things solidified.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home