Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Funerals

I went to a funeral today. It was my aunt’s dad (she’s not a biological aunt) and it was, like most funerals, sad and also joyful as people celebrated his life and his time here on earth. People spoke about their favorite things about this man, and celebrated his character and personality.
It got me thinking: what would I want people to say about me at my funeral? How do I want to be remembered?

I want to be remembered for loving others well. Not necessarily in the sense that I was always with my friends and loving them, but that when I was with them, they knew they were loved so deeply and that they had a special place in my heart. This is how I want people to feel around me.

I’d like to be remembered as someone who overcame obstacles. As a girl who had some tough stuff handed to her in this life, but as a girl who was determined to not let it beat her. To not stay in the same spot, but to relentlessly pursue forward motion.

I’d like to be remembered as kind, gentle, and generous. And very, very loyal.

Most of all, I want to be remembered as a passionate Jesus-follower. And I would hope that everyone at that funeral would know…I did none of these things on my own, but only through God’s grace and strength.



It’s good to think about these things, because it means if I want to be remembered for being that way, I need try everyday to live that way.


What do you want to be remembered for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home