Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Letting Go

Life.
A journey.
So much beauty.

My friends, for those who have known me well the past couple of years, you will know that while I grew up in a Christian household and absolutely believing in God and enjoying an incredibly close relationship with him, it wasn't until my college years that I really began exploring my faith. The concept of grace was not clear to me until my college friends chose to love me and pour into me despite the times I hurt them and hurt myself.

Then in my first job, God blessed me with an amazing friend to help further that growth in me. To provide a safe place for questions and searching and falling and getting back up again.

I used to really value stability. Change was scary for me because I was so scared to lose these wonderful blessings.

But now, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Not scared per se...maybe numb? Maybe peaceful? See, my best friend from work now lives in the UK, and so seeing him and his wife will be really hard to do. And there are moments I wonder how I'll make it through without that friend being here.

And now in a couple weeks, my best friend and roommate from college will move to Colorado. She and I have had not enough time together the past couple of years. We've taken for granted the fact that we live so close together. And now I will miss her. She is a huge part of my history and my faith journey, and vice versa. And I want her as a part of my future.

Letting go can be so hard sometimes. We had some people who had to leave yesterday, here at work. They will be missed. They will miss the stability and security they had here.

What would I do in that situation? I can't say for sure, but I can say that the older I get, the more OK i am with letting go of people I love. Because I've learned that distance doesn't have to get in the way. We can still love each other and be in each other's lives, no matter what. And God always provides for every need. Yours and mine. And he will not fail us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home