Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Small Blessings

Sometimes, I think we often go through life too fast to take the time to recognize the small blessings in our lives and to say thanks for them. I want to document a couple that have happened for me this past week:

1) My high school Lifeliners - reaching out to me and reminding me that I am loved and lovable. They don't have to send me those sweet text messages or FB messages, but they do. And I'm thankful for these small blessings.
2) This morning's chai tea meeting with my mentee. She paid for us today - for her to take her hard-earned money and give back to me by purchasing a bagel and chai...that was such a great blessing and a sweet gesture.
3) A new friend inviting me to a party with some church peeps. I'm a bit anxious about attending, but how else will I further my friendships with these people? Anyways, this friend knew I was looking for community, and he invited me into one. What a wonderful, wonderful blessing.
4) An old roomie from college - last night on the phone poured into me and my pain despite the fact that she is going through a lot of painful situations. That small act of selflessness and sacrifice did not go unnoticed.
5) Rest. I am so, so beat down right down. Emotionally. Dealing with tough situations, new situations, and my grandpa being in the hospital has really been wearing on me. Not to mention the work load I have right now. But, somehow, God keeps restoring my energy and clarity so that I can keep on living fully through the exhaustion and confusion.
6) An old friend from college who means much to me, reaching out and posting on my blog. Someone who I don't expect to reach out, reaching out, is often the best surprise I can get.

Those are just some for me. Do you have any small moments this week that you recognize are great blessings, and that maybe aren't so small in the end?

1 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger anne said…

    I have a small, rather materialistic one.

    Last night I thought I would surprise Andy after rehearsal with a hot chocolate from Biggby. I had two coupons for free drinks as well as a gift card. I figured I would get us two new travel mugs since we don't have any nice ones and keep losing the ones we do have. Plus, it would keep his drink hot longer until he was done with rehearsal.

    Then, since I also had a coupon for buy one, get one free desserts, I thought I would get us each a snack as he is always hungry anyway!

    I handed over my coupons and gift card. I figured the gift card would be about 5 bucks as most of them usually are.

    I ended up paying $1.75 for all of that! Two drinks, two desserts and two new spiffy travel mugs!

    The funny thing is, I don't even remember who gave me the card so it's even more fun in that it became anonymous. It totally made my night!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home