Oh, the randomness...

Just my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Character Traits

Who I want to be. I’ve been thinking about this a lot. About the character I want to have – about who I want people to say that I am. I don’t really care if I’m known for my athletic achievements, or my business achievements, or the number of degrees I have. Those are fine things, but what matters more to me is my heart and how I love people.

Life is a journey. I’ve taken some steps towards some of these perhaps, but I know I still have a long way to go. Last night at Lifeline we talked about why it’s important to look back and to look forward, and so as my birthday is approaching (only 3 months away. What is it too early to start counting down??) :) I’m looking forward at who I want to become as I mature and become more of who Christ made me to be.

I want to be:
Humble
Gentle
Kind-hearted
Hospitable
A good steward
Generous & Giving
A lover of people
A prayer warrior
Confident
Content
Persevering

There are many wonderful character traits, but these are the ones that come to mind when I look at what is most important to me. What are the things you want to be known for?

1 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger anne said…

    I often think about this kind of thing. My journal finds me repeating myself on who and what I want to be. Why does it seem that I never achieve what I want to? I think part of it for me is that I try to "fix" everything at once rather than focusing on just one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home